Ballade of Bad Jokes

When is the time to go to see
a Chinese dentist? (Half past two,
better pronounced as tooth hurtee.
This'll get worse, I'm warning you).
When Tammie reared, did Tim buck too?
Why did the princess kiss the toad?
My cold has vanished - away it flu.
And why did the chicken cross the road?

I had four boots but now have three.
Who told the other one to shoo?
A dead tent-maker canna pee.
How many buzzards may kazoo?
What colour is the wind? (It's blew).
The policeman safe in his warm abode
murders a plate of Irish stew.
And why did the chicken cross the road?

The floweriest ape's the chim-pansy.
The toffee train goes chew chew chew.
My teddy bear's called Gladly. He
is cross-eyed. (Think about it!) Do
the hills and valleys block the view?
There's rockers in the garden, Maud.
When ostrich kicked the cat, 'e mew.
And why did the chicken cross the road?

Sufferers, have I dragged you through
torture enough? Perhaps I showed
garbage to make a gargoyle grue,
but why did the chicken cross the road?

No comments: